Why get a Live-in Caregiver?
GLOBAL CAREGIVER works to keep seniors, and those living with a disability, independent in their own residence! In-Home Caregivers provide personalized, one on one care for seniors and those living with a disability.
- Staying at home allows the client/patient to stay in familiar surroundings with friends and family close by.
- The Client can design the job description for a caregiver based on the patients’ needs.
- The caregivers can take the clients/patients to appointments or on outings in the community. (This takes such a load off of family members and friends!
- An in-home caregiver is the affordable alternative to Nursing Homes and Day-care Centres. You have personalized, one on one care at an affordable cost. Save hundreds of dollars every month with home care.
How can a Live-in Caregiver help?
Families all over Singapore are starting to ask themselves what are we going to do about their aging parents. “How are we going to take care of them?” is a question many families are worry about in Singapore. Many people asking are working full time and are sandwiched between the younger and older generations. There simply aren't always enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done.
In other cases, seniors are getting older and perhaps one of them is disabled due to a stroke or Parkinson's disease. One partner is getting tired and burnt out with caring for their spouse while trying to manage their own health. Family lives far away and there isn't anyone to call on when something needs to be done.
There are instances also whereby the Family members of senior patients have migrated or are currently working overseas. They want to know that their parents are being well looked after when they can't be here in Singapore to support them. A Live-in Caregiver can be the solution.
Caregivers can maintain daily communication with family members who live far away. Instead of worrying how mom and dad are doing, their caregiver can help seniors with their computers and keep them connected with the family using Skype or Facebook. The family members could come home after work and have a quick chat with Mom and Dad on the computer, or the grandkids can tell them how their day at school went. Instead of worrying at night about whether they are okay you will know that if anything happens you will be called immediately. What a relief!
Why get a Live-in Caregiver?
Our Caregivers will:
- follow the seniors' morning and evening routine
- cook favourite recipes and follow prescribed diets
- track medications and appointments
- provide companionship and assistance on outings and appointments
- assist with shopping, housekeeping, laundry
- be on hand in case of emergency
- Supervise and assist with medication and monitor health issues.
Our qualified caregivers consist of Nursing Degree Graduates and Nursing Diploma Holders. These nurses would have received at least 3 years of formal nursing education in addition to practical training and experience in hospitals and other medical facilities. Included also in our excellent pool of Caregivers are those who have attained Caregiver Certificates having attended 2 to 6 months of formal caregiver training and have experience un taking care of the elderly in the homes.
Most importantly, our priority is to have caregivers who are completely trustworthy and extraordinarily caring of others.
Our Caregivers are medically trained and can be categorized under three levels depending on the level of care needed.
Caregivers with Nursing Degree with 3 years’ experience working in hospital.
Caregivers with Diploma in Nursing with 3 years’ experience working in hospital and as caregiver.
Caregivers with Caregiver Certificates with 2 to 3 years’ experience as a caregiver.